Current Job Opening for:
We are looking for someone who is skilled working and designing in the Grasshopper/ Rhinoceros environment. Position is based in Victoria, BC, Canada, but will consider working remotely for the right candidate.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Responsibilities and duties will be determined by ALLELES including but not limited to the following:
• Assist in the creation of design rules/instructions;
• Utilize internal standards to ensure consistency of final CAD files as well as the final product;
• Create parametric definitions based on design rules using Rhino and Grasshopper.
Research & Design (ongoing):
• Actively research new techniques/developments in the computational design community;
• Share knowledge and insights learned from process and research with team;
• May be involved in producing new experimental product lines using new insights developed.
• A library of grasshopper definitions that can be utilized for ALLELES design process + product lines.
• Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Design, Architecture or similar. OR graduate of 2-3 year college program in digital fabrication or related discipline or equivalent;
• Minimum 2 years experience working in computational design, specifically Grasshopper;
• Understanding of digital fabrication equipment ie. CNC machining, laser cutting, 3D printing, laser sintering, 3D scanning, etc.;
• Understanding of algorithms and their use in design realm;
• Accountability: ability to work in a small team and be responsible for your role;
• Must be thorough and detail orientated;
• Must be Canadian.
• Grasshopper** (must know)
• Rhinoceros** (must know)
• Rhinoscript (bonus)
• Dynamo (Revit Visual Programming Plugin)
• Can work between different CAD programs or pick up programs quickly
Applicable Fields: Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Digital Design, Computation Arts, Computation Design
KeyWords: Parametric Design, Algorithmic Design, Generative Design, Computational Design, Design Fab Specialist, Visual Programming, Grasshopper
***Please email resume & portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.***